01 Dec 2019
Here are mains points about our new devices Pointer3D.
- Every movement in the real space is accurately and quickly reproduced on digital space.
- This device belongs to immersive technology (AR/VR).
- Pointer3D based on the innovative technology of ultrasound Doppler shifts.
- It consists of a pen (where is en emitter) and stand where is the frame with ultrasounds receivers.
- The receivers could be placed in an independent stand or mounted in corners of for example interactive board, laptops or tablets.
- When we move pen, we can create or manipulate 2D and 3D object in computer space.
- The emitter in pen is constantly monitored by these receivers. It let us operate almost in real-time. The latency is 0.01 seconds. It is like the best devices on the market. It can help to work without lags or fast react.
- Pointer3D, this device is more precise than others similar devices. It detects position changes of 0.01 mm.
- Unlike a computer mouse, the device doesn't have to be used only next a desk.
- Pointer3D can be connected to any mobile device.
- We can compare Pointer 3D to:
- computer mouse - less precise, higher latency, it is not adapted to work in 3D space
- another devices based on ultrasound technology - another design method, less precise, they are not adapted to work in 3D space
- another devices not based on ultrasound technology:
- more expensive (motion capture),
- less precise, higher latency (kincet),
- larger, more expensive, for gaming (HTC VIVE - it has similar latency like our device)
- Pointer3D can help for example:
- work without lags
- fast react
- work out the smallest details
- Application for example:
- modifying graphics, models 3D
- as controller (for game, VR, instead computer mouse)
- medicine (diagnostic tool in Parkinson measuring hand tremors or as way of communicating for people with reduced mobility)
- For now, tests and modifications of the project are being carried out. It will be also presenting on few international conferences.
- More information: http://pointer3d.com/
- Special Educational Needs
- Learning Spaces