Oxford Languages - Language data for EdTech products
Oxford Languages is a department of Oxford University Press and is the leading provider of high-quality, evidence-based language content. Our language experts have been working with passion and precision to curate world-leading lexical data for a wide range of uses.
We offer regularly updated datasets for over 60 of the world’s major languages, as well as an ever growing portfolio of datasets in low resource languages. They include definitions, translations, example
sentences, idioms, phonetics and phonetic transcriptions, regional varieties, and inflected forms.
Businesses use our data for a wide variety of
• Dictionary look up – find the definition of a word within a product or application and contain the user experience.
• Synonym suggestions – offer users alternative words at the point of writing and help expand their vocabulary.
• Translation and machine translation – mono and bi-directional translations for both humans and machines.
• Validation – confirm whether a word is valid at the point of user submission by cross-referencing it with our wordlists.
• Areas of NLP, such as word sense disambiguation.